Death Proof

2007 crap

Rating: 6/20

Plot: Stuntman Mike has a "death proof" car and a hobby. He stalks women and then uses his "death proof" car to kill them. After three hours of endless dialogue, he succeeds in killing five women with his "death proof" car in Austin, Texas. When he plays around in his "death proof" car with three women in a small Tennessee town, however, he realizes that he and his "death proof" car have possibly met their match. Death proof!

This was a couple hours of stupid. Diabolically stupid! Positives--the car scenes (both a violent crash shown from multiple angles and climaxing with the Wilhelm scream and a very long chase near the end) were really well filmed. Lots of camera angles, some tension, some humor, some stunts. The rest of the movie was garbage, and not the right kind of garbage Tarantino was going for either. These characters just talked and talked and talked, and about 7/8 of Death Proof just seemed extraneous. The pacing might be the worst I've ever seen. This is by far Quentin Tarantino's worst movie, and I really hope he doesn't make anything even close to this bad again. Seriously, how does one mess up a movie that is SUPPOSED to be bad? I am really surprised that I liked Planet Terror more than I liked this.

Here I am, probably thinking, "C'mon, Quentin. That's about enough with this foot thing.":

3 comments:

l@rstonovich said...

is that a boba fett shirt?
and an abacus?

great photo. beard.

Shane said...

Yeah, I knew I had to get Boba in the shot since you were a big fan as a child. I didn't go out of my way to get the abacus in there, but it's always sitting on that little table for some reason. We don't use calculators in our family.

l@rstonovich said...

as if i'm not still a big boba fett fan.