Independent America: The Two-Lane Search for Mom and Pop



2005 documentary

Rating: 5/20 (Jen: 2/20)

Plot: A married couple gets themselves an SUV in order to travel 10,000 miles in order to prove what everybody already knows--Wal-Mart is bad. They have two rules, both which they break: 1) No Interstates and 2) No shopping in anything but locally-owned businesses.

Self-indulgent crapfest! These people made me hate them (and their dog) more than I hate Wal-Mart. It wandered like an SUV taking nothing but back roads across the country, and hammered the audience over the head with its message so much that the whole thing actually seemed pointless. As Peter, Paul, and Mary used to sing: "If I had a hammer, I would throw it through my television to make this movie stop." Honestly, Jen and I ended up [censored] and ultimately were [censored] with about twenty minutes to go. I hadn't gotten that much action since we'd [censored] at the historic Indiana Theater while "watching" Homeward Bound. [Censored]. That's right. We paid to see that one when we should have just stayed home and [censored] instead.

Thanks to my brother for giving me this one to watch. I should kick him right in the head!

No picture available.

1 comment:

rio blanco racing said...

I'm never seen this is my life. I did not recommend this for you.