Fubar: Balls to the Wall

2010 comedy sequel

Rating: 14/20

Plot: Headbangers Terry and Dean, a couple of long-haired dudes who are apparently in another movie, travel north to get jobs laying oil pipeline. The job and Terry's new love interest put a strain on their friendship.

I knew nothing about this going in and wasn't even aware that I was watching a sequel. All I knew is that the characters, though complete imbeciles, are lovable losers and really funny. This has a very improvised feel that I like, and the humor came fast and furiously. It's funny enough times to almost be hilarious even though the whole thing does feel a little half-assed at various times. Still, I immediately sought out the first Fubar movie because I needed another fix of these two, and that's maybe the most ringing endorsement.

No comments: