Time Travel Movie Fest: Deja Vu


2006 action movie

Rating: 13/20

Plot: An ATF agent is recruited to help find out who is behind a terrorist attack on a ferry n New Orleans.

Maybe this is the movie that had the timefolding. I'm starting to think that watching this many time travel movies in such a short time is a bad idea.

The problem with this one is that the premise is really hard to accept. I'm not sure it ever makes any sense at all, and although I tried to suspend my disbelief and just enjoy this as an action thriller, I just couldn't. It almost seems like the makers of these time travel movies deliberately create all these holes just to mess with us. I do like that typical energy that Denzel Washington brings into the movie. The guy's just so likable. And I also like how the Beach Boys factored into this mess. But it really is kind of a mess, the "science" involved really just a poorly-thought-out excuse for a really unusual car chase and some other action scenes.

No comments: