Shoplifters


2018 drama

Rating: 16/20

Plot: A make-shift family gets by on an old lady's pension and shoplifting until a new addition threatens to mess everything up.

First, you should know that this is not a film based on the Smiths' song, "Shoplifters of the World."

I really need to watch this again to put some of its pieces together. I had a good grasp on what most of the characters wanted here, but there were a couple I just couldn't figure out. I loved the character development here. These characters and their relationships unfold and evolve so naturally, and for me at least, it was very easy to become emotionally invested in them.

Lots of stand-out moments here, but I don't want to mention any of them specifically. I don't want to write anything else actually! I'm mentally spent!

No comments: