Burning


2018 South Korean movie

Rating: 16/20

Plot: A loner becomes obsessed with an old neighbor after a chance encounter, and problems occur when she comes back from a trip to Africa with a much cooler friend.

It's all about the finer details with this one, like the condoms within reach or that fading sunlight reflected from a tower. We all know what that tower represents, and that makes it odd when it's what our protagonist seems to use as spank fodder while pleasuring himself during a trip to feed his gal's cat. This was pre- sunset interpretative dance, of course, which I have to admit made me big hungry. Like eating an imaginary tangerine, it's all about thinking really hard about what you want until you realize that what you want is for a greenhouse not to be on fire because once it's ablaze, there's likely no turning back.

I imagine I no longer even need to see that Under the Silver Lake movie that nobody except some guy named Mark wants me to see.

No comments: