Spider-Man: Far from Home


2019 superhero movie

Rating: 11/20

Plot: Spider-Man wants to enjoy a trip to Europe with his classmates, but saving the world and Avenger stuff keeps getting in the way.

This wastes Jake Gyllenhaal and what could have been an intriguing villain in Mysterio.

This movie has several things working against it. It follows that last Avengers extravaganza movie too closely. It came out less than a year after a far superior Spider-Man movie.

I know exactly the kind of movie this wants to be. It's a mashup of teen comedy, superhero action, and international romping. I just don't think it does any of those things effectively. It's not funny, and the characters are only somewhat likable. The superhero stuff is a mess.

I don't have anything else to say about this movie. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments: