Urine Couch AM Movie Club: Dinner with Schmucks

2010 comedy

Rating: 10/20

Plot: See The Dinner Game. Except this one has the terminally plain Paul Rudd whose promotion to the seventh floor might depend on how much of an idiot he can find for the dinner party. Plus, he's having problems with his girlfriend.

The Urine Couch A.M. Movie Club...it's just me and the ghost of Gene Siskel! Last night's film: 'Dinner for Schmucks' with one of America's most versatle actors, Paul Rudd.
21 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·


Larry: Synchro! I just watched that last night too. I had zero expectations and they were met!
21 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: but you watched it with the ghost of Gene Shalit's mustache...different Gene=different movie club! How many times did you chortle during the movie? I'd like to compare numbers.
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Larry: I'd say 3 real, and 4 for forced chortles. Disappointed by Zack G's performance, subdued.
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Larry: I also didn't know ZG was in it, and 5 minutes into the movie I wished he was, and lo and behold!
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: ‎5 minutes into the movie, I was hoping something would happen...movie was almost DOA. It picked up a bit with the Schmuck's arrival. Got kind of funny with Jermaine Clement...I like that guy!
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: but yeah, about 3-4 real laughs for me and several because I was watching with Siskel and he kept looking over at me to see if I was having a good time...he picked it, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I tried to make sure my nipples were at least partially erect whenever he'd look over at me
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike · (1 person liked)

Larry: I don't like comedy lesson movies so much. I'd rather it just be mean spirited sometimes.
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: Have you seen the original French version? It's better but probably not by that much. I'm not sure if I want my cliche characters learning lessons or not, by the way...a lot of times it just seems forced. Like they were thinking that if they didn't have Paul Rudd's character learn the predictable lesson that he was going to learn, then it would just be laughing at these unfortunate characters in a mean way. Which is what I do for entertainment nearly every day, by the way.
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: I'm just going to copy/paste this for the blog, by the way...so step up your game!
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Larry: It's like that movie where Gwynth Poultry is friggin' huge yet Jack Black sees her as skinny. 90 minutes of fat jokes disguised as a lesson
20 hours ago via · LikeUnlike

Shane: ‎'Fat Barry'...ok, I don't remember what that movie's called. I saw part of it once when I was in a situation where I could either do that or talk to somebody...I don't think I got to the message in that movie, but I bet it had something to do with inner beauty...that or how fat women are excellent in bed?
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: The lesson should have been that Jack Black should be in less movies.
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: Had hopes, all dashed.
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: I too long for more Jermaine Clement. He's the Kiwi Jeff Goldblum. (I saw Rio, the bird cartoon, and he stole the show via voice)
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: How many laughs?
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: I would like to do some statistical analysis.
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: In Rio, 69.758 percent stolen, not including the musical number
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: in which he sings " I poop on people and I blame it on seagulls"
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: I saw that he was in 'Rio'...no desire to see that one. Kiwi Jeff Goldblum...I can dig it.
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: It was better than I thought it was going to be. Just enough whimsy. Not enough frontal mail nudity.
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: Why do I think you're making fun of my overuse of the word "whimsical" every time you use it...I know "making fun" can't be a possibility.
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike

Shane: wait...bird frontal nudity?
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Jen: feeling like I must clarify.... the urine couch is not at our house!!!
17 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Kent: ‎.....anymore.
17 hours ago · LikeUnlike


Jen: haha... never!
17 hours ago · LikeUnlike

2 comments:

RD said...

is it one of the couches from my classroom that has come back to life??

Shane said...

Wait...were those couches urinated upon? One should post a sign warning potential sitters.

This is a couch-bed combo...don't think you had one of those in the classroom, did you?