Witness


1985 romantic action movie

Rating: 15/20

Plot: A cop hides out in an Amish community after protecting a young boy who witnessed a crime.

At one point in this movie, I told my wife, "Look--Amish boobs." She didn't appreciate the heads-up, and Harrison Ford, from beyond the grave, also gave me a strange look.

As a kid who wanted to be Harrison Ford when I was younger, I saw this movie and liked it enough. As an adult, I might think the movie is even better. The way the romantic angle is handled is just about perfect, and this is one of those rare 80's action movies where the action hero actually seems vulnerable and in some danger during the action scenes. In a way, this is more of a character study than an action movie. Things move slowly enough, and there's probably more inner turmoil than action sequences. Ford's performance is a good one as he subtly brings out some of that inner turmoil. 

No comments: