Braid


2019 mystery

Rating: 10/20

Plot: I don't really know.

The problem with this twisty mystery isn't that I didn't understand it. It's that I didn't really feel like I had any reason to care about understanding it.

An ultramodern film with a really unlikable trio of characters, the flashy editing, thumping score, and constantly shaking camera, instead of being immersive, just kept me hyperaware that I was watching a movie. Mitzi Peirone takes a lot of chances and shows potential with some really cool visuals--purple trees in the background during one character's trip, speeded-up action, lots and lots of tilted shots or swirling perspectives, but I think all that's a distraction from the lack of any coherent narrative here. The movie's a riddle, intentionally so, and I'm sure that if I watched it again, I'd put some more pieces together to better understand what is reality and what is in the distorted imaginations of one or all of these characters. I just don't really have any desire to do that and will more than likely forget all about this movie in a month.

Cool house though.

2 comments:

Elle Decker said...

Lovely blog you have here

Anonymous said...

Thank you!