In the Land of the Owl Turds


1987 owl turd movie

Rating: none...it's a short

Plot: A guy with an unique car looks for love.

Looking for love in an unusual car in some of the right places and probably a lot of the wrong ones. I think I would have dug this had I seen in high school as I would have identified with the main character despite his green skin and his sweet, sweet ride. The guy also imitates chickens a little more than I did when I was in high school.

This is very much a student film. Harrod Blank, son of Les Blank, possibly substitutes genuine ideas for absurdity and off-the-wall humor, and after the bit of joy of catching that initial glimpse at that car, the filmmaker's budget and talent limitations prove hard to overcome.

I probably should have dug around to find his dad's documentary from 1987 instead. Gap-Toothed Women looks like a winner.

No comments: