Transit


2018 German movie

Rating: 14/20

Plot: A guy tries to get out of occupied France because the Nazis have arrived. He assumes the identity of a recently-deceased writer and meets some new friends in Marseilles.

The intentional anachronisms were interesting, I suppose all to make this WWII-era issue a timeless one. I'm undecided about whether or not I liked the strangely omniscient narrator who turned out just to be a bartender. Maybe it's because I saw the movie within the last few months, but the pacing and tone of this reminded me a little of The Crying Game. I was intrigued with the characters more than I was engrossed with their plights.

It really feels like the kind of movie I should see again, but I doubt I ever will. Miles to go before I sleep and stuff.

This is a worthless review, and I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: