The Meaning of Life

1983 sketch comedy

Rating: 11/20

Plot: The Monty Python guys examine life from birth to death which is about how long the movie seems to last.

This needed to be either funny or meaningful. It was neither. The bits don't know when to end, and they're likely dead on arrival anyway. The worst offender would be the really fat guy throwing up repeatedly in the restaurant scene. They shoot some fish in some barrels, they get crude, and they sing some ridiculous songs. Monty Python fans would enjoy parts of this, but I doubt many would enjoy it as a whole. I thought for sure that I had watched this a long time ago and completely forgotten it. Now, I'm ready to completely forget about it again.

3 comments:

cory said...

Good review. I might give it a 13 or 14.

Shane said...

Did you just watch these two back-to-back or are you just in the mood to pick on the Monty Python guys?

cory said...

Actually, I saw this several months ago, but didn't realize that you had reviewed it. I just saw "...Holy Grail", so I did a two-fer. I have a list of the 100 greatest British films by BFI that I am trying to get through. Many have been a disappointment, especially a film called "The Italian Job". "If....", "Performance" and "Don't Look Now" were also on that list. I'm not really picking on Python, although I do think that their reputation exceeds their quality.