Crash

1996 David Cronenberg joint

Rating: 5/20

Plot: A few horny people hump each other amidst the greasy shadows and carnage of various car crashes.

Scars and cars, gnarled metal and steaming nipples, strangely dispassionate sex fiends and general stickiness! Step right up! See the bearded woman! See Joey Scales, the Fish Boy and his waving flippers! See James Dean's ghost dry humping a muffler! See Holly Hunter swallow a twisted sword! Step right up to the Cronenberg freak tent! Yes, we have yet another David Cronenberg movie that I just don't understand. What's his intention here? Is it to make me feel like taking a bath? Is it to finally convince me that James Spader, at least in my mind, has become more of a pet peeve than an actual person? Who can identify with the really flat characters in Crash? I don't know, but I don't want to be within spitting (or ejaculating) distance of them. This movie is thoroughly unpleasant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you said you were watching "crash" i thought you meant the "good" one. if only david lynch had made this movie : /