Ghostbusters (Redux)


1984 comedy

Rating: 15/20

Plot: I already wrote about this movie right here. If you need a well-written plot synopsis for this movie you've very likely already seen, check there.

This was shown at my local theater, and I couldn't resist seeing a twenty foot tall Rick Moranis. There were five other people in the theater with me who wanted to same thing, and when Louis Tulley first appeared--opening his apartment door to talk to Sigourney Weaver--there was a palpable excitement in the crowd. A buzz. One person started vibrating in his seat. Somebody touched himself inappropriately again and again. Somebody moaned, "My God, my God, my God."

By the third time Rick Moranis appeared on the screen, we all had our pants off.

I don't think Ghostbusters is a movie that gets better with age, and I don't think it's a movie that needs to be seen more than once. I think I've seen it four times though, probably because of Rick Moranis.

That reminds me--I believe I had planned to do a Rick Moranis Fest a while back. Why didn't I do that?

I saw this movie in the theater in 1984. It was the first time I saw Bill Murray, I believe. I like that my movie theater shows old movies so that I can relive childhood memories like this. I think I was even wearing the same pair of pants although, as mentioned, they did not stay on for the duration of the motion picture.

No comments: