They'll Love Me When I'm Dead


2018 documentary

Rating: 14/20

Plot: The true story of the last film from Orson Welles. At least that's what it says on the poster up there.

You can tell this was directed by Morgan Neville, the same guy who did the Mister Rogers documentary from earlier this year. He's got a style.

I don't have much to say about this. Really, I just have three things to say.

1) I think we might get more posthumous Orson Welles movies. He has a chance to be the Tupac of film directors.

2) Orson Welles never sneezes. Somehow, I knew that had to be true even before I heard anybody mention Orson Welles and sneezing.

3) The story about how Welles became angry while staying at Bogdanovich's place whenever there were no Fudgsicles might be the best thing I've heard all year.

This is required viewing after you've seen The Other Side of the Wind.

No comments: