Time of the Gypsies


1988 turkey movie

Rating: 17/20

Plot: A coming-of-age story about a boy and his turkey.

A long shot introducing this quirky village sucked me in, but the turkey is what sealed the deal. Yes, there is a turkey sex scene in this movie, and there's also a scene where a kid plays and accordion while squawking at the turkey.

There's a mafioso dwarf in this. He blows smoke rings. I'm not sure what his name was.

This Emir Kusturica flick was the last movie I watched before putting together a "Favorites of 1988" list, and on the strength of that turkey performance, it made the cut.

I know a lot of people depend on my reviews, but I just don't feel like writing a lot. I'm trying to catch up here.

And yes, I know nobody depends on my reviews. Nobody's even reading this!

No comments: