The Accountant


2016 drama

Rating: 11/20

Plot: An autistic accountant shoots a bunch of people.

Bad news, everybody. Ben Affleck might not be Batman for much longer.

I only popped this in the dvd player because I get excited when people do math in movies.

Ben Affleck's character is wonderfully well rounded. Well, if knowing exactly three things about a character makes that character well rounded. Here are those three things in the order that I bought into them.

1) A guy who kills people. Affleck appears to know how to hold a gun, and the punching seems are realistic enough.

2) An autistic guy. I'm glad there's an autistic movie hero, but this seemed like cliched, Hollywood autism. It doesn't seem written with a good understanding of autism.

3) An accountant. Ben Affleck just doesn't seem like the kind of person who can do math.

Anna Kendrick is in this for some reason. I'm probably missing the point when I say that she and Affleck had absolutely no rapport. I mean, his character does have difficulty emotionally connecting with others. Their characters just didn't work for me though. Maybe they should have cast one of his nannies.

I don't know why I watched this in the first place. I also don't know why I finished it. I was bored early on, and the story was really predictable.

No comments: