The Tenant


1976 movie

Rating: 17/20

Plot: A guy rents himself an apartment.

Do I really have to type anything here? I'm just not feeling it, but I'm so behind with this blog and feel like I have to.

I wanted to type something about how pedophiles make the best movies, but I thought that would be too controversial and probably lose all 2 1/2 of my readers.

I'd imagine it would be difficult for an actor or actress to work with Polanski. Do they justify it with something like, "Well, yeah, he raped a 13 year old, but did you see how good Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby are?"

I'll say one thing about the guy--he's a distraction as an actor. And this movie is all him! I got used to the shape of his face and his accent eventually and ended up finding him amusing.

Here's another question: Sharon Tate? He must have been quite the charmer before he became an admitted statutory rapist.

This is another quality review. You're welcome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nailed it...and I haven't even seen the movie

Shane said...

Yeah, I really did. This is one that I should submit to the Pulitzer people, or the webby equivalent.