Buzzard


2014 dark comedy

Rating: 13/20

Plot: A temp at a bank sees his poorly-planned petty criminal acts add up, and with his Nintendo Power Glove, he is forced to flee.

There are some darkly humorous moments throughout this, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to all add up to. The freewheeling tale of this small-time scam artist intrigues, but his story never seems like it was something that was finished before the movie was made.

I did appreciate the Bugles product placement. And Hot Pockets. And Mountain Dew. And Doritos. And Totinos. And Little Caesars. And probably some that I'm forgetting about, but it's the Bugles product placement that I'll remember the next time I'm in a grocery store.

Joshua Burge's Marty is an almost-interesting character, and his performance is almost good. If he was a little easier to like while being a real asshole, I think I would have liked this movie more. There's a scene where he eats spaghetti that is really great though.

Why is this movie called Buzzard?

No comments: