Adventureland

2009 Jesse Eisenberg movie with "land" in the title

Rating: 11/20

Plot: It's the late-80s, and recent high school grad James really wants to travel Europe before attending the N.Y. college he's been accepted to. Unfortunately, his parents have run into some recent financial trouble. James gets a summer job at Adventureland, an amusement park, befriends some wacky minor characters, and falls for the girl who's in those Twilight movies. They all learn about life! Angst!

I really don't like this Jesse Eisenberg guy. The poster proudly proclaims that this is from the people who brought us Superbad, and I imagine that disappointed a lot of people since this isn't nearly as stupid as that movie. It's not really funny at all actually, and I'm going to forget that I even watched this in a month or two. This seemed like something that should have been on television instead of on the big screen. Like every other recent movie that is based in the 80s, this annoyed me. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but this had the feel of a typical 80s comedy, and we all know that's probably not a good thing. I think a few of the jokes were even leftovers from the 80s.

Recommended by a guy from work.

1 comment:

l@rstonovich said...

Jesse Eisenberg is Michael Cera without the sense of humor. Yeah this movie depressed me.

BTW have you watched Arrested Development? Best comedy on TV besides Trailer Park Boys.