Urine Couch AM Movie Club (The Lost Episodes): Edge of Darkness

2010 drama

Rating: 11/20

Plot: I don't remember. Mel Gibson's daughter is murdered, and he gets all sad and tries to find out who was behind it.

Damn it! This movie doesn't have a beaver puppet!

While cleaning out my underwear drawer of superfluous items, I came across some notes that I'd written down on motel stationery. By "motel stationery," of course, I'm talking about scrap paper that we front desk clerks used to jot things down. I'd completely forgotten about catching this movie on HBO one AM, probably while the Urine Couch was still in the lobby. Completely forgetting that you watched a movie more than likely isn't going to lead to a glowing review or even a coherent one. According to my notes, I thought it was either funny or creepy when Mel Gibson said "You're my girl" to his daughter. It might have been a funny/creepy hybrid. And then I wrote down "morphing/hawking [?] xu dead daughter" which doesn't look like much of anything. I really don't remember this movie at all and wonder if I fell asleep during it. I fell asleep quite a bit on the Urine Couch, probably because it was the time I normally slept. That and I didn't have much to do there. I miss that place though. I miss talking to the truck drivers and whores and staring down the Waffle House people. Plus, the great movies. If I still had that job, for example, I'd be all excited about watching Get Smart and Doctor Detroit tonight and American Pie 2 tomorrow night. But I don't have that job, and I all I have to look forward to is reminiscing about watching this Mel Gibson movie that doesn't even have a damn beaver puppet in it.

I sincerely hope this review was helpful.

4 comments:

rio blanco racing said...

i think the first is a great movie. the 2nd as you said has albinos and one of the greatest action scenes, but this 3rd is crap. i still need to watch the 3rd with the philosopher commentary. i didnt think the special effects were as bad as you did. 18/14/10 respectively.

rio blanco racing said...

oops this should appear with the matrix movie

rio blanco racing said...

oops this should appear with the matrix movie

Shane said...

Heh. I didn't even notice yesterday.