The Uninvited

2009 horror remake

Rating: 9/20

Plot: A crazy girl returns home from the mental institution. She and her sister start to suspect that their step-mother is up to no good. Boo!

Random creeps, artificial insanity, characters who just don't feel like real people at all, plenty of creepy imagery, lots and lots of gimmicks, and a story that is fairly predictable make this an all-too-typical and kind of boring horror movie. I'd never heard of it and had no reason to watch it except Indianapolis television personality Sammy Terry wanted to show it to me. Well, his son anyway. And I have to assume that the rubber spider George isn't the original rubber spider either, more likely a great-great-grandson of George or something. Sammy Terry's name isn't the only bad pun you're likely to hear during a broadcast. I have good memories of watching the purple-cloaked and pale-faced ghoul with his Vincent Price laugh during sleepovers with friends, so when somebody told me that there was a Sammy Terry special on Halloween, I was all over it. Unfortunately, The Uninvited was the movie that I had to watch. It made me look forward to commercials.

Sammy Terry:

No comments: