Dennis the Menace


1993 family comedy

Rating: I can't give this a rating because I haven't seen it in over 20 years. (Jen: "22 stars!")

Plot: The titular kid has to stay with his neighbors, the Wilsons, when his parents go away. There are shenanigans, and I think he helps stop criminals like in Home Alone.

Me: [typing about Nymphomaniac]
Jen: How come you've never written about Dennis the Menace?
Me: Because I haven't seen Dennis the Menace in over 20 years.
Jen: So? You should write about it anyway.
Me: Blogs didn't even exist when that movie came out.
Jen: I liked that movie. You should put it on the blog.

Back in 1993, Jen and I saw this movie at a dollar theater. I didn't like it, but she described it as "cute" which I think led to our first break-up. I'd have to check with my diary to verify that. Neither of us have seen it since 1993, but she apparently remembers it well enough to give it 22 stars. That's a lot of stars!

The kid who played Dennis was Dirk Calloway in Rushmore.

That's really all I've got.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I own this movie on DVD... I think it's a pretty good telling of the Dennis the Menace story, and it's got a little bit for the whole family. Some jokes and slapstick is for kids while some are for adults. I would definitely give it a solid 15/20. I'd be glad to let you borrow and edit your blog. I don't like using the word "cute", but that really is a perfect description of this movie...shit, man...some things really are cute.

Anonymous said...

this was my grandmothers fav movie. how can you review a movie you saw 20 years ago??

Shane said...

I can do anything I fucking want, Anonymous.

No, Josh. I don't want to borrow Dennis the Menace.

Anonymous said...

no you have to borrow it from josh and watch it so you can write a real review. i'm disillusioned.

Shane said...

Nope. I don't want to. It's too "cute" and all.

Anonymous said...

it's a horrible movie but now i demand a real review.