Bad Movie Club: Showgirls


1995 drama

Bad Movie Rating; 5/5 (Fred: .5/5; Josh: 5/5; Jeremy: "went downstairs," probably euphemistically, and did not rate the movie; Mark: 2/5

Rating: 4/20

Plot: It's like Black Swan, but with ineptitude and stripping.

I'm not going to write about this movie again. It was an Oprah Movie Club selection a few years ago, and I wrote extensively and incoherently about it then, probably with a pants tent. You can find that by clicking on the link below this picture:

3 comments:

Shane said...

Just skimmed my own old review for this and noticed that I used the 'Black Swan' comparison in that one, too. At least I'm consistent if not quite original!

Unknown said...

I read your old review and the comments that followed. I like what you said about train wrecks and victims. Hell, even the ICE in this movie was embarrassed to be seen. Shit, this movie made feel sorry for ice!

The characters are so dumb. No one learns anything (maybe except that your favorite singer might gang bang you if you have backstage passes). Everyone's motivations are dumb...they're bitchy to each other for no reason. They make up, break up, cat fight, and lick each other wounds over and over and over... It's the most laughable melodrama I've seen in a while. This movie is a staple of any BMC. We are legitimate.

Shane said...

As if we weren't legitimate before...still, we're missing Birdemic from our list of movies.