Flower


2017 dark comedy

Rating: 10/20

Plot: A troubled teenager explores a money-making scheme with a pair of friends and works on her bowling as she deals with emotions from having a father in prison and a potential step-father and step-brother, the latter who she forms an emotional bond with.

This Zoey Deutch has the potential to be something special, and she does more with this character and this movie than either actually deserve. I didn't like where this started, didn't like where this went, and didn't like where it ended, but I really liked Deutch, an actress who seems to be channeling something from the more angsty 1990s.

I watched this because Tim Heidecker is in it, but his part could have been played by anybody. Adam Scott is also in this, and I'm still not sure what to think about that guy. Part of me likes him because he seems willing to take some risky acting gigs. But it really seems like he plays the exact same character in everything he's in.

My favorite part involved some Cocoa Puffs product placement.

I'm having a tough time understanding what the point of Flower is.

No comments: