Buster Keaton Saturday: "The Goat"

1921 Buster Keaton short

Rating: n/a (Abbey: 20/20)

Plot: It's a case of mistaken identity as Buster, thinking he's wanted for murder, must run from cops and from ambitious men who want to collect a little reward money.

Hilarious short with some undeniably classic scenes. The action's quick, really packed tightly into this 30 minute short, and there are lots of clever sight gags. Keaton's physical genius is on display. Any time you get to spend a Saturday night with your family watching Buster Keaton being chased is time well spent. I haven't seen a lot of Keaton shorts and therefore have nothing to compare "The Goat" to, but this seemed like a strong one. My kids laughed, and that's really all that matters to me. The next Buster Keaton Saturday can't come soon enough. Heck, I might make every single day a Buster Keaton Saturday! It's my calendar, so I can do anything I want. I dare you to stop me, you sons of bitches.

No comments: