Trailer Park Boys: The Movie

2006 comedy

Rating: 9/20

Plot: The titular small-time criminals, following their release from prison, concoct a plan to steal a bunch of change.

I am not familiar with the television series that gave birth to these dull, stupid characters. This is the type of movie that glorifies idiocy. Although there are some bits that some people might mistake as humorous, this is messy and seemingly endless. All the characters are unlikable, the jokes are cheap, and neither the main plot or the subplots are enough to make this worth the ninety minutes. 

I feel dumber after watching this movie.

Note: I think I watched this movie in six installments over a five day period. That probably didn't help.

5 comments:

l@rstonovich said...

Seriously one of my favorite tv shows ever.

Shane said...

Really? Is it better than the movie? Have you seen the movie?

I can see this working in 20 minutes. This just seemed redundant after a while.

l@rstonovich said...

Yeah it's better than the movie... the movie is for people who know the show. watch a few on neflix.

Matt Snell said...

I like this movie. It helps if you know the Halifax/Dartmouth area - I worked at a chip truck in the Halifax harbour, and the hard-drinking owners swore that the show was a documentary. It's kind of nice to see a show that revels in its sense of place, rather than aim for generic.

The second movie, Countdown to Liquor Day, sucks though. The actors all looks so tired of the schtick. I think they even say that outright at the end.

Shane said...

Geez. You two are making me wonder what I missed.

I think I mentioned this in my write-up, but I watched this in something like 6 installments. Maybe I just wasn't fair to the poor thing. I'll check out the tv show and maybe revisit this after I've taken a trip to Halifax.