Sing

2016 animated movie

Rating: 12/20 (Jen: 16/20; Emma: 14/20; Abbey: 13/20; Buster: 20/20)

Plot: A koala voiced by Matthew McConaughey holds a singing competition.

As with most of these modern animated feature films, the only fun I have is trying to guess who is doing the voices. And I failed miserably as I thought the koala was voiced by Dave Foley.

I also had fun wondering how much money had to have been spent for the rights to these songs. There certainly were a lot of songs. Most of the song choices were completely predictable, and since it included a Leonard Cohen song ("Hallejulah," since it was the only song Cohen ever had) and David Bowie song back-to-back, I have to assume this is the movie that killed them both.

Buster says this was the "perfect movie." I don't agree with her.

Rated PG for mild farting.

No comments: