X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2009 blockbuster

Rating: n/r (I refuse to rate since this was a pirated, incomplete version of the movie. Mark gave it a 4/20.)

Plot: It's the story of Wolverine and his brother Big Claws. The immortal brothers fight wars together and are eventually recruited by a guy to do some stuff. Then things go wrong, and Wolverine becomes a lumberjack.

My brother was able to procure a copy of this so that we were able to continue our tradition of watching a comic book movie at his place for our monthly movie night. It's a tradition that really needs to end. Fortunately for the parts of our brains that like being entertained, this was an unfinished version of the film with incomplete CGI. It was hilarious watching characters randomly turning into computer outline versions of themselves, untouched-up blue screen footage, and choppy special effects. I can't fairly say a lot about this movie, but suffice it to say that I don't think it's very good (a little better, I think, than the one-and-a-half other X-Men movies I watched) but that the finished product will likely be better than what my brother thinks. He claims the additional special effects, etc. will have no effect on the overall outcome. I will say this: I have no plans to bother seeing a finished version of this movie. Like most comic book movies, I was a little confused about what was going on with this.

No comments: