Urine Couch AM Movie Club: Get Him to the Greek

2010 crude comedy
Rating: 8/20

Plot: Aldous Snow--a rock 'n' roller recovering from a bad break-up, a critically-lambasted album, and a drug habit--needs help getting to a music venue for a big show. The titular him and the titular Greek for those of you keeping score at home. The boring Jonah Hill, an up-and-coming record label intern, is sent to retrieve him. Apparently, a of lot college kids are entertained by this sort of thing.

I think I get the appeal of Russell Brand, but he bothers me. It just doesn't seem like he has to try at all in order to make the funny happen. Jonah Hill? I don't get this kid. Why's he famous? This movie was more loud and crude than funny. It's one of those cases where they search around for that line and then try to see how many times they can cross it instead of worrying about being clever. I did like Puff Daddy though. There's something I never thought I'd type.

Have you seen this one, Barry?

2 comments:

Barry said...

Believe it or not, I have seen this one. I loathed it. I dislike Jonah Hill with a passion. I hated him in Superbad..I hated him in the 40 Year Old Virgin....I hated him in Funny People....I even hated him as a voice actor in MegaMind. No matter what the role, he is always the weakest member of the cast. Even in Moneyball, he is minor comic relief that just sort of fades away as the movie goes on.

He is annoying and useless in this movie. I did not want his character to succeed in any way. So how do the producers of this film deal with having such an unlikable lead? They give us an even more unlikable actor in the opposite role. Russell Brand plays an entirely unconvincing rock star.....so the hilarity that ensues when these two guys meet. Well not really. I didnt laugh once while I waited for the predictable and bland ending.


I disliked this movie. It sucked in every way. I give it a 2.

Shane said...

You didn't seem to like this one very much...

I've got another Jonah Hill movie to review, by the way...hold on.