Urine Couch AM Movie Club: Public Enemies

2009 gangsta movie

Rating: 12/20

Plot: The John Dillinger story.
Did you know that John Dillinger's penis is in a jar in an Indiana museum? I remember going on a field trip with my fourth grade class (Indiana history was year) and my teacher pointed it out to us. "Look at the size of that penis!" she said. And it was impressive!

I didn't like this movie very much. Any movie that makes John Dillinger's penis seem dull is a poorly-made movie in my book. Or my blog.

To be completely fair, I had trouble staying awake during this one, and Gene Siskel's ghost kept nudging me awake and saying, "Psst! Penis!" to wake me up. Nothing I saw makes me want to stay awake if I ever get a chance to see this again though.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Haven't seen it.

cory said...

I didn't want Depp's Dillinger to look like Keith Richards. He didn't need to talk like a creepy pirate or have knives for hands. I did expect him to have some charisma, though. "Public Enemies" is long, kind of dull, and completely by-the-numbers. There is nothing special in this depiction to match the larger than life times and actions of one of history's most notorious criminals. I wish the Coen brothers had done this instead of "A Serious Man" A 13.