Bad Movie Club: Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster


1965 sci-fi thriller

Bad Movie Rating: 4/5 (Josh: 2/5; Fred: 2/5; Kristen: no rating; Tami: no rating)

Rating: 4/20

Plot: I already wrote about this movie here.

I half-assed it the last time I wrote about this, but I don't feel like adding anything. This has all the elements you'd need in a good-bad movie from the 1960s, including having the feel of a movie made in the 1950s, but it actually comes together less ineptly than the output of your typical b-movie directors. You've got some ridiculous acting, a wafer-thin plot, weird aliens, a monster, another extraneous monster, scenes that go on for too long, and lots of general silliness. Robert Gaffney didn't direct anything else, and that's actually unfortunate because it would have been interesting to see where a film career could have gone.

There's a single thread on his imdb page, and it's from somebody claiming to be his son or daughter about how they've got his birth year wrong. I don't know why that makes me sad, but it kind of does.

No comments: