La Grande Bouffe


1973 drama

Rating: 16/20

Plot: Four men arrive at a house and resolve to lock themselves in until they manage to eat themselves to death. Prostitutes and a school teacher also get involved.

I sure to love depressing comedies. This one is dark and has a lot of food in it. My favorite thing might be the fart sound effects. It's surprisingly tasteless for what is essentially an art film. I don't want to give anything away, but the lovely prostitutes, some lovely-looking food, good performances from all four leads, that dark humor, meat in the garden, and bodies in the freezer make this absurdist comedy well worth the trouble of finding.

I'd write more, but I'm in a hurry here. I have to get caught up so that I can start working on my mammoth year-in-review post. I have people depending on this!

No comments: