Crazy Love

2007 documentary

Rating: 12/20

Spoilers below (if you don't know the story of these two)

Plot: This documents the love story of the century (the last century) in which boy falls in obsessive love with girl, girl loses interest, boy hires thugs to throw acid in girl's face which blinds and disfigures her, boy goes to jail for a long time, and boy and girl later marry and live happily ever after. Sweet stuff.

Intriguing, head-scratching story here, but the documentary style is so talky and dull. There's so much exposition here, and I lost interest in hearing about their childhoods and other things that really had very little to do with their relationship. The story of these bizarre people is definitely better than the documentary. Pugach's eyes might keep me awake for a few nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw this documentary when I worked at Blockbuster. I don't remember much about it except that I was bored until it is revealed that she's blind! The director may have paced that big reveal a little slowly, but what a payoff.