Full Battle Rattle

2008 documentary

Rating: 12/20

Plot: Full Battle Rattle details the goings-on at a military training facility in the Mojave Desert that helps prepare troops for the War in Iraq.

This was sprawling, fairly dull, and ultimately kind of pointless. I'm glad to be made aware of this facility, and there were a few scenes that I liked just because of their oddness (the collection of fake limbs and the ice cream truck, for example) but this just didn't add up to much at all. There were a few potentially interesting side-stories about some of the Iraqi-Americans who participated in the simulation (my favorite being the guy who really got off getting to play the po-po) and I thought the general or whatever he was was an intriguing figure, but there just wasn't enough here to sustain my interest.

No comments: