Paddington 2


2018 bear movie sequel

Rating: 16/20 (Buster: 17/20)

Plot: Paddington wants to buy a nice present for his aunt, but a villainous actor also has his eyes on the same gift. The poor bear is arrested for a crime he didn't commit as the Browns try to uncover the truth and set Paddington free.

God damn it, I just love this movie so much. This and its predecessor--Paddington--are gateway drugs to Wes Anderson movies for children. Vibrant cinematography, creative and whimsical storytelling, fun performances (especially from Hugh Grant who really gets a chance to show off some goofy versatility), and a ton of hilarious sight gags put a smile on my face from the beginning to the end. I almost never judge somebody for liking something or not liking something that I dislike or like, but if you don't like the Paddington movies, I'm fairly positive that you've lost your soul somewhere along the way. And you're probably a Trump supporter. And most definitely a motherfucker.

Sally Hawkins is in this, and that was probably enough to get me into the theater these days. I love her.

Lots of magical moments in this one, my favorite being a journey through a pop-up book. The whole thing was like a cool breeze blowing from the big screen.

No comments: