Knocked Up

2007 romantic comedy

Rating: 7/20 (Jen: 11/20)

Plot: A woman gets knocked up by a loser. Lives are changed.

I didn't like this movie at all. I do sort of like Seth Rogan as an everyman, but he doesn't have enough character to sustain a movie that is far too long. There wasn't much that even scratched the surface of funny, and topical material will keep this firmly in the late oughts even with the timeless subject matter, subject matter, I might add, that is ALWAYS hilarious. I believe this might have worked for two and a half seasons as a television sitcom, but only if it came on right after and right before shows that people really like to watch. This idea of making 'chick flicks' with vulgar humor to appeal to male undergrads is probably a good one though.

Note: Tom Waits makes an appearance on Paul Rudd's character's shirt. It's the cover of Raindogs, the same picture used in one of Jim Carrey's memories in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That movie is referenced with a movie poster that Seth Rogan's character hangs in his apartment. It's the circle of life!

Me and part of Jen's head:

3 comments:

jen said...

i think you asked me for my rating while i was half asleep. my official rating is a 9.

Shane said...

I'm sorry, Jenny Pot Pie. That's against the rules. Once you've rated, you can't change. Unfortunately, your rating must remain at the (way too high) 11/20. Did you give it a breast exposure bonus or something?

jen said...

i can change my rating. you've changed your ratings before. my bonus points are strictly for male buttocks.