A Million Ways to Die in the West


2014 snoozer

Rating: 8/20

Plot: A sheep herder wants to get out of the titular deathtrap but falls in love with the wife of a dangerous outlaw instead.

The "guy who brought you Ted" should have warned me, I guess. I don't know why I thought this would be worth my time because I haven't liked a single thing that Seth MacFarlane has done. Ted wasn't funny at all. The Family Guy is obnoxious. And this bloated and predictable Western spoof doesn't have a single laugh in it. Not one. I wanted to throw a chuckle at Sarah Silverman's Christian whore character's potty mouth or references to her folds, but that was only because I think she's cute as a goddamn button. An allusion to Back to the Future III just feels cheap, like MacFarlane ran out of ideas and had to quickly make up a new gag to help fill the two hours. Liam Neeson's as cool as always, but he shouldn't be wasting his time with something like this because he's got more movies about kidnapping to star in. Taken 6 ain't going to make itself, Liam, and your fans are waiting.

Ok, I've made my decision. Just as I decided to quit Will Ferrell movies cold turkey a few years ago, I'm also done with Seth MacFarlane. I just don't get him.

No comments: