Jurassic Park: The Lost World


1997 blockbuster sequel

Rating: 11/20

Plot: There's another island with dinosaurs on it, and Jeff Goldblum doesn't want to go but does because his girlfriend is there. But once you meet his girlfriend, you wonder why he even bothers because he's Jeff Goldblum and can probably have any woman he wants. Or man. Then, there are some guys hunting dinosaurs there, and you start to wonder if this was written by a child with a Mad Libs book. And what do we learn? We learn that these people should have waited until they had a better story before wasting all this money on special effects. 

I don't really want to talk about this one. 

Balls.

4 comments:

cory said...

There are some gaping logic flaws in this, and a few ridiculous scenes, but for me this is still a very entertaining movie. I especially like the silliness during the last 30 minutes set in San Diego. The dog house and chain? The rolling 76 ball? Come on. I understand my 17 is hard to defend, but much easier than Godzilla grades.

Shane said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this put it ahead of the first Jurassic Park movie for you?

I really thought it was kind of boring. It did pick up with the ludicrous shenanigans in San Diego though. I'll give it that. I'll take Godzilla over this (pretty much any of the Godzilla incarnations) any day.

cory said...

The first movie had too many "awe shot" Spielberg touches, and cutesy-genius kids. This one was more to-the-point-let's watch dinosaurs chase and eat people, and let's take it on the road to the suburbs.

Shane said...

I see. I guess that makes sense, especially for a guy like you who likes his monster movies so much. And I think I always forget that the kids in that first one kind of annoy me.

Good special effects in these two dinosaur movies. I'll give Spielberg that.