Iron Man (Redux)


2008 superhero (?) movie

Rating: 14/20 (adjusted from when I first saw the movie and wrote about it here)

Plot: I already wrote an adequate plot synopsis in the blog post linked above. Go there if you want to know what this movie's about.

Jeff Bridges smoking a cigar while riding on a Segway--see, those are the types of things you might miss if you only watch a movie one time. I gave this an 11/20 the first time which was unfair because I must have dozed off during the scene where Jeff Bridges smokes a cigar while riding on a Segway. I kind of liked Robert Downey Jr. a little more than I did the first time around, too. I guess I get what he's doing a little more, and I like how a lot of his scenes with other actors--especially Paltrow--have them stepping all over each other's lines. Maybe Downey Jr. is the kind of actor who can have good rapport with anybody.

Superhero/comic movies still confuse me, even when I'm watching them for the second time.

Here--this might be the best moment in any Marvel movie:


Seriously, does it get more manly than that?

1 comment:

cory said...

I still like this a lot more than you do. Downey Jr.'s charisma carries the film, and for me, it is entertaining from beginning to end as an action movie, and as a vehicle for the creation of a very strong character to build the other Marvel movies around. A 17.