24: Redemption

2008 television movie

Rating: I don't know. Dylan said 12/20. That seems pretty good. 12/20

Plot: Jack Bauer, in Africa hiding from the feds, needs cash. He decides product placement will do the trick and makes a deal with Nextel. Meanwhile, there are children who need saved.

I wasn't going to count this toward the goal of 365, but as Jack Bauer would say--I'm running out of time! It was fine as a transition between seasons of a television show, but it doesn't work as a stand-alone movie like Fox would want you to believe. It did seem to have less of the flaws of the regular show, and it was good to have the protagonist focused on one thing instead of worrying about his love life. Nothing new, but nothing awful either.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never would have imagined you watching "24". I have seen all of seasons 1,4 and 5, but I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it.

l@rstonovich said...

i thought this was a precursor to the administration change... before Bauer was the friendly face of torture now he's saving those of another complexion... i thought this was gonna be a whole season of redemption, didn't realize it was a one off...didn't have the slightest compunction to watch it, but then again i was unlucky and the nano site worked for me so i couldn't use that as an excuse to wait another year...

Shane said...

'24' is one of four shows I watch unless you count 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' which I don't watch until it comes out on dvd. I didn't start watching it until season four because a tooth pain kept me in bed (awake) for an entire weekend. I also watched my first complete football game that weekend. It's a soap opera for guys, so yeah, it's sort of a guilty pleasure. Season 7 was terrible, but I'm loyal to my television shows and won't stop watching until it's off the air.

The other shows (since I know you'll ask): The Office, 30 Rock, and Prison Break. That's right. I've never missed an episode of Prison Break. Not one. Talk about a guilty pleasure. The show is awful.

And winter rates...I don't know how to respond to that other than to sigh audibly and shake my head.

l@rstonovich said...

yeah i guess i was laying it on thick.

Shane said...

Oops. Season 7 hasn't been terrible yet. I'm not going to know that for sure until at least episode 3. Season 6 was terrible then.

Yeah, winter rates...not sure if it's totally deserved or not. Should I have given it a better shot? Probably. But I knew from the beginning it would likely be impossible for me this year. Jen's in school and needs our (currently) lone computer more than me. Kids to feed, papers to grade, etc. I had the wind knocked out of me early and didn't even feel like trying for a recovery.

l@rstonovich said...

all valid reasons, i just thought the inability to upload yr word count was decidedly invalid, tally ho! i look forward to next years serialized madness...