A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash

2006 doom 'n' gloom documentary

Rating: 15/20

Plot: Apparently, the world is running out of oil. That probably means I should stop drinking the stuff.

The feel-bad movie of 2006. There was some clunkiness in the editing of this, but surprisingly very few moments that seemed propagandish. A nice mix of history lesson, interviews, and entertaining archival footage. Phillip Glass should probably sue whoever did the music for this. Unless it was him. That lawsuit wouldn't make any sense.
Cory's recommendation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so surprised that you watched this. I agree it is not a happy film. On the contrary, in a very interesting and educational way, it scared the crap out of me. I didn't really notice any editing issues and I'm not sure what really good music for an oil documentary would be, but I think you are better at focusing on the technical aspect of movies. I'll take your word for it. I am surprised that your head didn't explode by following this film with 'Aztec Mummies...'.
You realize I am now addicted to your blog. For me this was a 17.

Shane said...

Why are you surprised I watched it?

I still have a bunch of your movies to watch, mostly the documentaries. I'll get around to 'em.